Re: [IP] Rapid acting insulin and pump

>Humalog is still not approved for the pump?!?  Everyone I've
>encountered (except my older edition of Pumping Insulin) seems to
>assume that Humalog is the *default* insulin for the pump....
>Does that mean everyone is breaking the law?

Humalog is not approved for pump use.  just because it is not approved does
not mean Drs can't prescribe it.  Humalog has been deemed safe but not been
approved for pumps.  that is why it is taking so long to get pre filled
cartridges of humalog for the pump.  some companies have found ways around
this like Disetronic since they also have a insulin pen which happens to
use the same cartridge as the H-Tron pumps.  Both lilly and Novo are
working on getting approval now  but you know the government  they are SLOW

Brian Carter
email @ redacted
ICQ # 27217438