Re: [IP] Sil's clamp -- getting the needle out at insertion

In a message dated 1/18/01 4:39:33 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< One question to anyone using the Sillouhette
 (sp?) It is hard to pull the needle out? I had so much trouble with it,
 getting the thing to release. the Nurse didn't know if it was that set or I
 was doing it wrong as she has little experience with them. >>

Hi there

I remember that I had a devil of a time pulling that needle out the first
time I used a Sil. I think it was just inexperience and fear of pulling the
whole set off when the needle came out. I probably didn't squeeze hard
enough. Now I put a finger on the tape opposite the side the needle is on,
squeeze hard and pull the needle out with no problem.

Jan and Elvis