[IP] 50 yrs DM Lilly recognition

Today I received a 50-yr. medal from Eli Lilly Co. since Joslin notified them
of my *accomplishment*. It is on a sterling silver chain and about the size of
a 50c piece. I'll wear it to support group meetings or when speaking to a
group about DM, but won't advertise otherwise. (~_^)

With it came a product bag, log book, pencil, card, & sticky notes. A booklet
telling about the 75 years Lilly has been around has some interesting facts:
Leonard Thompson, age 14, 1922 was the first human to receive insulin.
1950 was the year NPH animal-source insulin was produced (my year of dx).
Since 1975, 1,455 50-yr. medals have been issued to survivors of insulin usage
by Lilly.

We want a cure, but couldn't have lived to tell about it without insulin. 8^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th