Re: [IP] Re: Full responsibility, etc.

I am both grateful and angry about having full responsibility for my
diabetes as soon as I did...

I'm grateful because I was taking care of me for me and never felt that I
had to lie because I did "something wrong"....  I also didn't have to
depend on someone else who may not be available.

The anger is about the fact that the diabetes was never talked about... (of
course feelings about anything were never talked about)

When I originally asked the question, I was including fixing meals as part
of total responsibility.  My mom fixed meals for the whole family until
shortly after diagnosis, I asked if she could fix my breakfast eggs another
way.  The reply was "If you don't like the way I fix them then do it
yourself!" - From then on, I was on my own food wise and she continued for
the rest of the family... (I'm exaggerating a bit  :-)....

Jim S.