[IP] Re: 508 Battery alert

> It seems I have to change my
> batteries every 17 days.  I'm not even using vibrate or the remote.  Is this
> normal?  I remember in  my training class, the educator said it should last
> about a month. Marcy

Are you using the batteries to prime the tubing? That can make a big
difference. Push the insulin to the end of the infusion set by hand before
placing the reservoir into the pump, then set it to prime 5 units to take up
the slack and set the arms firmly against the plunger. When you see insulin
coming out of the infusion set, stop the prime. Don't forget to prime the 0.5u
inside you after removing the introducer needle for the SofSet, or 0.7-1.0u if
using a Sil. Do you use the backlight a lot? Do you use large boluses? Do you
have high basal rates? All these additionals use battery power. YMMV -
definitely. (Your Mileage May Vary) (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th