Re: [IP] dieting on the pump.

Hi.  Congrats to you and your son for going with the pump.  It will make
just about everything related to DM easier, at least it has for me.  As for
dieting, I think Jennifer's thoughts are on target.  If the only change is
less food then lower basals may be appropriate.

However, and this is just my .02 cents, 20# over 1 year in a growing
adolescent doesn't seem too much to be worried about. Just a question, is
this a 'weight' issue or is it perhaps a peer group 'body' issue?  The
resolution may be quite different depending upon this answer.

My pump team also includes psychologist to help me out when I need it.  My
point is, this could be a simple 'pump weight gain' or it could just be the
pressures of growing up a little different than his friends.

Good luck.

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '84, DCCT control group, MM507 since '96.