Re: [IP] Re: when did you have "full" responsiblity for your diabetes?

A *general* observation from this topic re-visited over the past years on
this list:

- DM makes kids grow up fast and makes them more responsible than otherwise
- many of us carry this feeling of "ultra-responsiblity" into our adult lives
- many of us grow up feeling defective and a burden on our parents and society
- many of us as adults keep trying to prove our value to society or our
- some of us have avoided aspects of life such as kids or relationships
because we feel "unfit" to breed or "unfit" to be a partner
- many of us appear to remember becoming a social and family outcast (in
subtle ways) due to our defectiveness
- many of us end up with severe depression which and we still don't know
whether it's physically or psycologically related to D or both.  One thing
for sure; my 8 years of following diabetics on teh net has shown beyond a
reasonable doubt that most long term DMers (those diag as kids) develop
depression as adults.  I just wonder what the exact connection is.

Just some thoughts on the "other complications" per above.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  47% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!