  From: Jennifer Sutherland
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 8:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [IP] dieting on the pump.

  You might have to lower the basals accross the board all day, but it's a
case
  of teaching kids today simple math. If we pile in more calories than we
use,
  we will gaing weight.

  Handled correctly, it is safe for us 'betics to Diet.  I just would get on
the
  bandwagon of all the MetaboLife and other "Magic Diets" which are out
there.
  He needs to learn that if he wants to eat that burger or fries, he'll have
  compensate with some more exercise and less food at another time of the
day.

  Get him to the dietitian at the hospital or clinic he goes to, and get him
on
  a weight loss program which is right for him.

  Jenny Sutherland
  http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/index.html
  http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/myfamily.html
  http://wyldcelt.homestead.com/airbrushE.html