  ----- Original Message -----
  From: email @ redacted

  My 14 year old son has put on a lot of weight since going on the pump.  When
  the CDE from Minimed told him he could now eat anything, the eating hasn't
  stopped!  Now he's upset that he's put on about 20 pounds since last
     My question is:  how safe is it for a diabetic to lose weight?  He has
  down the amount he is eating and all night his sugars were low.  For
  he was 109 at 10:30 pm, 67 at 1 am (had juice) 128 at 3 am, and woke up 65
  6 am.  Should I lower his nighttime basals since he is eating less?