[IP] Re: when did you have "full" responsiblity for your diabetes?

I was diagnosed when I was 12 and had full responsibility from that time.
I started planning my own dinners around age of 14. I was an independent
person anyway. My mom ordered my supplies mail order until I was a junior
in college. Then it was too much trouble for me to call Massachusetts from
Indiana when I was low on supplies, have her order and receive the supplies
and then send them out to me. So I started picking up the prescriptions
myself from the local pharmacy. I experienced more of a feeling of
responsiblity at that point but it was also kind of overwhelming.

- Maura
Diabetes 13 years
Insulin Pump 1&1/2 years.