Re: [IP] Re: What age responsiblity for my DM

In a message dated 1/17/01 4:42:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< MY ADVICE (unsolicited): Your *kids* are NOT dying! Let them live but give
 them the best tools available. Parenting is mostly trials and errors. These
 years are the kids' memories of their childhoods. When they're my age, how
 will they describe their parents? My mom is out of my life due to that guilt
 she carries as well as bitterness and unforgiveness. Sad. Sad. Sad. I sooooo
 much needed hugs and an *I love you* everyday she walked out of my life to go
 to work before I was released to go back to school after diagnosis. Didn't
 happen. My father walked out of my life when I was 6 mos. old. He now says he
 loves me but will talk to me very little - if at all - since I take
 wrong. He says he doesn't need my forgiveness since the Lord forgave him.
 I'm sorry, I know Jim's Q wasn't a request for a vent. I think the *tiger* in
 me is what has kept me going. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th
 paragraph.  Romans 1:16 >>
    I agree with Jan about kids. Let them go as far as possible. I learned
how to inject insulin at Camp Joslin in 1950 as a 5 year old. We used an
orange and injected water in them. As I recall I did the shots in my legs and
asked Mom to do the shots in my arms. I was not allowed to stay over night
for fear of insulin reactions. I recall having a glass of orange juice in my
bedroom at night to stop the convulsions of low BS. I had some control, but
not total till I got my license to drive. I was 2 weeks by my 16th birthday.
There was no stopping me then it was the summer of 1961 we were in the 60's
oh boy!!!                                           Roger C still rockin &
rollin dx 1/12/47 pm 5/8/00 hockey puck in tow