[IP] dieting on the pump.

My 14 year old son has put on a lot of weight since going on the pump.  When
the CDE from Minimed told him he could now eat anything, the eating hasn't
stopped!  Now he's upset that he's put on about 20 pounds since last summer!
   My question is:  how safe is it for a diabetic to lose weight?  He has cut
down the amount he is eating and all night his sugars were low.  For example,
he was 109 at 10:30 pm, 67 at 1 am (had juice) 128 at 3 am, and woke up 65 at
6 am.  Should I lower his nighttime basals since he is eating less?