Re: RE:[IP] When did you have "full" responsibility for your diabetes?

> For those of us with diabetes, at what age did you have responsibility for
> the diabetes?
Dx at the age of 10, I was responsible for all of my own BG testing and
shots---4 a day.  I also did all of my configuring of foods=exchanges.  My
mom figured out my serving size with dinner but the rest was up to me.  I
also did all of my own insulin adjusting.  I can't even remember my mom
asking me if I had glucose tabs with me when I went out.  I think she just
took for granted that I did.  I didn't realize how involved my parents
probably were until I started reading some posts from mothers on this list.