RE:[IP] Large Hospital Meters

Debra Apple  wrote:
Also due to legalities, our hospital has a policy to use this METER ONLY for
BS's not the patients because of the quality control issue.

My comment was about the use of such old technology in a hospital.   The
Medical College of Virginia is a teaching hospital at that.  MCV had an
Accu-chek II in use (if you don't know what that is, it is a meter that
takes 2 mins to give a result and in that time you have to wipe the blood
off the strip before you stick it in the meter)
At the military hospital  (Womack Army Med. Cen.) where I have stayed twice
they used the hospital model of the accu-chek advantage.  All I was saying
was that they (MCV)were using such old technology.  Today's meters are
faster and more accurate. I could care less about the size of a hospital

Sorry for not making myself clearer