Re: [IP] When did you have "full" responsibility for your diabetes?

For those of us with diabetes, at what age did you have responsibility for
the diabetes?

Irresponsibility came way before responsibility unfortunately.
I specifically remember the endo who took over when I was dxed (age 10)
telling me when I was still in the hospital that
I couldnt go home till I learned how to do this stuff. He then tossed an
orange at me and sent in a nurse to teach
me and my room mate (who had CF and diabetes)  how to give ourselves shots.
Others in the family learned how to give the shots but for the most part, I
was on my own.  The meals at home changed but the brothers waving stuff I
couldnt eat in my face didn't.  I could go on a rave here but I will spare
you all.  Lets just say I grew up real fast and I like seeing the parents of
diabetics getting involved in their childrens disease.

Pump Huggsss.......Dauna