[IP] Responsibilty For D.?

<<For those of us with diabetes, at what age did you
have responsibility for the diabetes?>>

I had full responsibility by the age of 11 or 12,
drawing up syringes, giving shots, managing food,
testing, activity.  My ped endo insisted on this. I
had most of the responsibility by 10 with a little
supervision. My parents never gave me an injection
after the age of seven. Pretty much everything, but
paying the prescription and dr. bills, by age 12.
Jill-T1 nearly 25 yrs
     pumping 6 years

Do You Yahoo!?