Re: [IP] Colored Insulin -- and bubbles in the tubing

In a message dated 1/17/01 3:27:10 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Sometimes it is
VERY hard for me to see air bubbles >>

I find it much easier to see a bubble if the insulin is moving.  Before I
reconnect after a shower I usually prime bolus .3 or .4 units, and inspect
the tubing during the bolus.  But I have actually only found a few bubbles in
the last couple years (since my technique of filling the syringe has gotten
more competent).  The ones I have found have almost all been when the
reservoir was nearly empty.  Most of what look like bubbles prove to be
imperfections in the tubing wall when you see the insulin move.

Linda Z