Re: [IP] When did you have "full" responsibility for your diabetes?

I guess I am replying to this because I feel strongly about it.  I was not
diagnosed with diabetes till I was 14, but I immediately took full control.
My parents did drive me to the doctors or get my supplies for me on their
insurance, but although my mom is a nurse, the responsibility was always all
mine.  I think teens would appreciate being given responsibility rather than
having the parents take it.  I know parents worry, but just like teens have
to learn to take responsibility for other things in life, so too with
diabetes.