Re: [IP] When did you have "full" responsibility for your diabetes?

I took "full" control when I hit high school, I was 15 and it was 3 years
after diagnosis.  Although during the first 4 years, I did all the filling
of the syringes and gave myself all my shots, except in the morning my mom
gave me my shots while I was still sleeping, and tested my blood when I was
supposed to.  But once I hit high school my mother told me that I was old
enough and had enough practice so it was time I did it myself.  In the 12
years I have been diabetic, I have only been to the hospital twice, once for
the stomach flu and the second time was DKA.  So I feel I have done a pretty
good job on my own.