[IP] When did you have "full" responsibility for your diabetes?

I am probably misinterpreting what I hear from parents about the things
that they are still doing to "control" their teenagers diabetes....

Other than being provided the things that I needed including doctors, I had
full responsibility before I was 17....

For those of us with diabetes, at what age did you have responsibility for
the diabetes?

For the parents, at what age (of your kids) did you turn over
responsibility for the diabetes?

Jim S.