[IP] Re: thanks for yr help

One question for you Neeti: What would happen to *him* if *you* suddenly
G'd-forbid had a heart attack or got run over by a car? Why think about the
future that way? Anything can happen to anyone, even someone who has nothing
"wrong" with them. You could be healthy one minute and then who knows what
might happen somewhere down the line. Think about this please!

Regarding lifestyle changes: I don't know. Is he taking insulin injections?
Well, the cost of insulin and needles, etc. must be added to your family
budget. Also you need to include the charges for doctors appointments. Your
life will probably change for the better, especially if he is taking good
care of himself. You will be eating healthier, for one. My lifestyle had
changed once I got married. I had someone who really cared about me. If my
blood sugar would fall in the middle of the night, he would get me some
orange juice to bring it back up. You may even become more sympathetic
towards others, especially if your fianci often finds himself in
discrimination matters. For example, here in the U.S. there are a few jobs
that diabetics cannot do. This is slowly changing, but as far as I know,
diabetics cannot be bus drivers or firemen. Before, diabetics could not
become police officers. That has changed.

     There is nothing as of yet that you can do to prevent diabetes. But
again, people can become diabetics even if there is none in the family.
Cancer too and other diseases can occur without there being anyone in the
family with these diseases. Again, you'll handle it when or if it comes

     It would seem a shame for you to not marry this man since you both love
each other so much. What would have happened if he did not tell you about
his diabetes? Let's say you found out about it *after* you were married.
Would you divorce him? Probably not, especially if you love him as much as
you say.

     Well, that's all I can say. You can try to log onto:
email @ redacted  Although most of the members at that site are using
insulin pumps, they may be able to give you more insight about being spouses
of diabetics.

Take care!