Re: [IP] Old pumps

OK...I'll play the role of Devil's Advocate...but don't pumps require a
prescription?  So how would you insure that all is 'OK' with the patient's
MD?  We would nhot be 'pharmacists'  and the like.  How do the pump companies
feel about this?  I would suspect that they would be able to take some sort
of legal action, because they are not allowed to dispense them without a
prescription so why should we be able to do so?  I guess that I kinda' equate
it to ticket scalping.  Yes, they are used, but Disetronic pumps shut down
after a certain amount of time...so would you be responsible for some sort of
warranty...if not, would the people receiving them be expecting one.  Laws
are different in each state.

I just don't want the list and you, Michael, to get into any trouble about
this.  I have a set of Disetronic H-tron V100 pumps that I would gladly
donate, but would be concerned about the above issues!  Any attorneys on the
list that could help with the issue?  Don't get me wrong...it's a great idea!

Just my two cents worth!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
DM for 18+ years and pumping for 6+ years.

In a message dated 01/16/2001 11:45:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,