[IP] Re: Females outnumber males on the list

>>> Women are more likely (sadly) to be able to
access the computer
more often because they are more likely to be
around their home computer for more hours, even
though they may
be more busy throughout the day with household
chores and

>>***In my case, this isn't true. My dh has
internet access at work
and spends quite a bit of time on the internet
at work (as do
many of the guys), or at least he used to. And
from what I've
heard from my friends who work (as well as their
spouses who
work) this is often the case with them too (many
businesses have
internet access now and there seems to be a lot
of people who
spend time reading/sending emails & surfing, etc
from work.) <<

I'm afraid that this isn't universal yet.  For
some reason my boss doesn't want me to be
surfing and reading email while he's paying me.
My employees are not even allowed to use the
phone without permission.  I believe that there
are far more (not all) people who do not have
access at work and that there are more females
that make their contribution at home, where
there is more easy access.

>>***Guess that would depend on the guy. My dh
is given plenty of
opportunities to participate in the childcare,
etc but the sad
reality is, it's just easier for him to let me
do it all. I'm not
saying he *never* helps (he does sometimes,
which I truly
appreciate and I always tell him so.) I'm just
saying he could do
more if he really wanted to as he does have the
time. I think
part of this is just how he was raised and
that's all he knows.
I agree with your last statement! <<

Men are allowed to abrogate their
responsibility.  Given a choice, most would
not.  I am going through a terrible divorce, my
ex figured out that she was going to lose and
abducted our son.  I am very worried and I am
desperate to be the care giver.  And there are
females who do not want, or are capable of,
being caregivers also.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Certified allexperts.com expert -
To make an apple pie from scratch, you must
first create the universe.
 - Carl Sagan