Re: [IP] Camp wouldn't allow son to go/Life Insurance

My mother is an insurance agent who cannot find me a life insurance policy.
It has something to do with a standard for Type 1's...if a person was
diagnosed before the age of 17, then they are considered higher risk/shorter
lifespan than a non-diabetic of the same age.  I was 11 when diagnosed and am
now 29 (YIKES---30 is just around the corner!)  Nevermind the fact that
because of this diagnosis, I am very healthy!  And probably healthier than a
counterpart of my same age, ht., wt., without diabetes.   There are some
higher risk policies that have sent her information and I will have a life
insurance policy soon.  But she could not get me a policy throught her
primary company because of this 'unwritten rule' than most companies follow.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
DM for 18+ years and pumping for 6+ years.

In a message dated 01/16/2001 12:46:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,