[IP] Re: 24 turned 48

This may vary by lab. When I did a 24hr urine collection in 1999
(due to kidney stones) I was told NOT to pee into *any* container
but the one I was given (which was a very tall, bright orange
jug.) It wasn't easy but I did it. Let's just say I held it
within very close proximity to my body. I also kept it in a
bucket of icewater right there in the bathroom (the alternative
was to keep it in the fridge. Eeeeeeeeeew!!!) I only produced a
quart and a half of urine - about half of what I should have. Dr
was not happy about that and told me to drink more water.

??? said:
I told him he was not very happy that his nurse had not given me
a plastic collection pan to place in the toilet to collect the
urine.  Also said that I probably had not collected all of it.
Needless to say, I don't know what to believe now.  Any
suggestions?  Is this the way you all have it done?

Faith said:
I have always gotten a plastic collection pan with the 24 hr test
to empy out into the bottle.  I could not pee straight into the
bottle at all.  A guy should be able to but not a girl, and you
didn't sign your name so sorry not sure which you are.  LOL

little guy due 3/10/01