[IP] Re: Females outnumber males on the list

Jack said:
Women are more likely (sadly) to be able to access the computer
more often because they are more likely to be
around their home computer for more hours, even though they may
be more busy throughout the day with household chores and

***In my case, this isn't true. My dh has internet access at work
and spends quite a bit of time on the internet at work (as do
many of the guys), or at least he used to. And from what I've
heard from my friends who work (as well as their spouses who
work) this is often the case with them too (many businesses have
internet access now and there seems to be a lot of people who
spend time reading/sending emails & surfing, etc from work.)

Because men are not given the opportunity to be caregivers and
househusbands does not mean they couldn't, or wouldn't, do so.  I
am a believer in absolute equity in that women that want to be
presidents and ceo's should be able to, just as men that want to
take care of their children should also be able to, without being
down on.

***Guess that would depend on the guy. My dh is given plenty of
opportunities to participate in the childcare, etc but the sad
reality is, it's just easier for him to let me do it all. I'm not
saying he *never* helps (he does sometimes, which I truly
appreciate and I always tell him so.) I'm just saying he could do
more if he really wanted to as he does have the time. I think
part of this is just how he was raised and that's all he knows.
I agree with your last statement!

little guy due 3/10/01