[IP] Camp wouldn't allow son to go

The camp that most kids in our area go to the Woodsmen of the World - I think
that was the name of the sponsor.  I do know it was an insurance company
funded camp.  Therefore, since 1 of the requirements were for the children to
have their policy wrote as part of the agreement, Kap was turned down, due to
the fact, they would not write an insurance policy on him.  I will never
forget the top dog's blunt reason,  sorry, but people with diabetes have
shorter than average life spans, therefore it would be not in their best
interest to write a policy on him.
I did feel somewhat better, after I told him that I would go to newspaper
with this, because I vowed to let everyone know that his insurance company
did not have the children's best interest at heart, all they wanted was $$$$
for their company.   If thoughts could kill his life span would have had been
a lot shorter.  Kap had been dx'd only 6 months, so you can just guess my
anger at his words.
Kap wanted to go to camp with his friend, this was going to be his 1st time
camping,  and he didnt want to go to D camp alone.  I didnt want him going to
camp last year, we were still too new to pumping, he and I both were not
willing to leave each other.  However, this year he will go to D camp, but I
would love for him to go to another camp with children without D.  So, he
will go to the Basketball camp this summer.
Thanks for listening
Darlene - Mom to Kap - age 10 pumping 1/19/00 - dxd 8/26/98