[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #787 ( Fast take strips )

In a message dated 01/13/2001 1:33:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Anybody having difficulties getting your prescription for Fast Take strips
 refilled?  I use a large mail order service called Merck-Medco and they
 couldn't fill my script because they were out of stock.  Said they didn't
 know when they would have any to ship.
 Ken G. >>
Hi Ken I too had the same problem up here in Northern CA. for 1 week they
could not get them in so I called Life Scan myself they told me they were
having a problem getting a part for the Fast take strip<well I went to my
pharmacy last night and my pharmasist told me she thought they were full of
it because they sent her a bunch of supplies for a new meter they are coming
out with... Its called the Ultra, it takes half the blood of the fast take.
She said thats there way of getting people to switch over. Sooo I think Im
gonna try it.. I will of course keep my Fast Take ( I love IT ) But hey Id
rather have to use less blood + you can poke yourself anywhere ( your arm for
instance ) But hang in there if you call Life Scan they will send you a
different meter until they can get the Fast Take strips in. So give them a
call who knows you might just end up with the brand new Ultra FREE

TTYL Krysta