RE: [IP] Medic Alert

On 12 Jan 2001, at 16:01, Sam Skopp wrote:

> Medic Alert has a totally different system, which maintains a database of
> important information about your medical condition(s), doctor(s) and next
> of kin which can be accessed by emergency personnel.

They've also begun issuing wallet cards with all of your information
on them.  Including your primary doctor's and next-of-kin's phone

I keep it in my wallet *in front* of my driver's license in that driver's
license "window".  It says MEDIC ALERT in large red letters
against a light blue background.

When you open my wallet, it's the first thing you see (not that
EMTs would be opening my wallet, but hospital personnel might
need to to figure out who I am.)

Everytime you update your Medic Alert information, they send a
new card.

However, you need to be VERY precise when you change your
data.  (They still have the glyburide in my data even though I told
her to remove it.  Oh well.  whatever. that's less important than
making sure insulin and my doc's numbers are on there)