RE: [IP] An interesting experience

I am a Type III ( I & II)so I may be able to shed some light on your experience.
As a type II, your body still produces insulin. You are propably also taking some pills to reduce your insulin resistantance.
This pills have a build-up or carryover effect. That is they are not "used up"  when they leave your system, but help to modify
Your blood  and cell chemistry to allow the insulin to be more effective. The cells have a life span based on many different factors including the type of cell they are - For example the red blood cells that we base the HgA1c on have a life span of about
6 weeks. That is how we get an average reading.  So if you "missed" your actos etc. for a day - it is not CRITICAL, but will catch up with you.

Also, since you are using insulin, the body - the pancrease, likes a break from being "whipped" to produce more and more insulin to fight your resistance. It actually works better after you give it a break by using the insulin. Again, this will help explain why your BG did not rise - The pancreass could work a little overtime after the break you had given it buy using insulin.

Watch your BG the next week a little more carefully and you should see a little rebound effect - may need a little extra insulin, etc.

One other point, that you make is the stress factor. I have observed the stress may INCREASE my BG and it may also
DECREASE my BG. Cannot predict which.

Best of luck on your new job.

Enjoy each Day.....

Carl R. Findeiss