Re: [IP] Michigan - Engler Signs Bill

Lynne wrote:

<<On Wednesday, January 11th, Governor Engler signed the Diabetes Care
Act.  I understand we have become the 42nd state.  It took a long time
and alot of hard work.  Shelley Marshall and Pat Verhanowitz of Saginaw
were two CDE's that fought hard.  Someone correct me if they know
otherwise,  but April 19th it becomes effective. >>

Actually it was signed by Govenor Engler on January 9, 2001 and goes into
effect (Public Act 424) March 28, 2001.  Anyone who actually wants to read
the Bills and the history can go to

click on 1999-2000 in "Legislative Session" and click on Senate Bill in
"Search For" and enter the 260 in the "Numbers or Letters" field.  This will
take you to information on the Bills that comprise the Diabetes Cost
Reduction Act.  You can look at the history of the bills and click on the
actual bill in text or .pdf format to read them.