[IP] Michigan - Engler Signs Bill

On Wednesday, January 11th, Governor Engler signed the Diabetes Care
Act.  I understand we have become the 42nd state.  It took a long time
and alot of hard work.  Shelley Marshall and Pat Verhanowitz of Saginaw
were two CDE's that fought hard.  Someone correct me if they know
otherwise,  but April 19th it becomes effective. Those of us with
insurance, in the State of Michigan, will have their diabetic supplies
covered: needles, insulin, medications, test strips, meters, even
education as I understand it and to me, after 25 years with diabetes, I
still find that beneficial.  Wednesday was a wonderful day for us

Lynne Bensch