[IP] Re:

>Hi everyone,
>I have a 5 year old son with diabetes. How important is it that he wears a
>medical ID tag, bracelet, whatever? I had bought him one that looks kind of
>sporty, but it's a little bulky for his little arm. Any suggestions?

It is important that he wears one and has on it:  Type I Diabetes: insulin

I was diag at age 9 and the medic alerts were always a pain.  They kept
falling appart.  Eventoday the sport model ($85) falls appart one month
after warranty expires.

I use an old Medic Alert Emblem minus the braclet studded by a
leather-worker onto an expandable kids' watch braclet.  Smooth, stays on,
takes abuse and is light.

Good luck.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  43% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!