Re: [IP] Exercise

Hi- I'm usually pretty active, playing soccer and such. I am also quite
sensitive to exercise lowering my BG's. usually I test before whatever
I'm soind and if I am under around 6 i will have a small snack (half
juice). Then I just disconnect untill the end of the practice or game
(not allowed to play with it in games anyway) and depending on how I
feel, either have a juice, test or do nothing, then i disconnect and
continue on my way. i find that they balance out. however, if I am
playing a lot of soccer (ie. a tournament day) I disconnect, and
reconnect between games, drop basals by 1/3 and test a LOT.

Hope this helps a bit,

>From: "Susan Schilling" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP]
Exercise >Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:55:58 -0500 > >I am having a problem
figuring out how to adjust basal or bolus to allow for >exercise. I have
been pumping since Aug 99 and always avoided extreme >exercise for fear
of losing excellent control. Exactly that has happened >since starting to
work out both on weights and bike. I have tried just >removing pump
during exercise, adjusting bolus if able to exercise just after >meal, or
having snack and keeping pump in place. Not pleased with any of the
>results so far. >Any advice from those exercising regularly would be
appreciated. I try to go >to the gym 3 times per week, but with a
traveling sales position, find it >difficult to maintain regular exercise
schedule or exercise the same time each >visit. > >Susan Schilling