[IP] Re:

I think they are very important.  I have worn a Medic Alert necklace charm
for about 10 years. I would rather have it on and hope someone helping me in
an emergency would see it (and know what to do) than not have one on at all.
  A good friend of mine (diabetic on shots) was in a bad car wreck and his
medic alert bracelet saved his life.

My thoughts,

Andy J.