Re: [IP] 2 abstracts

On 11 Jan 2001, at 19:00, email @ redacted wrote:

> RESULTS: Of the 12,525 surveys that were distributed, 802 (6.4%) were
> returned.

lordy!  only 6% responded???  How disappointing!  I don't know if
that's generally considered to be a good or bad response rate in
the world of researchers, but dang!  Seems awfully low to me!

> Knowing that experts almost universally practice
> intensive treatment regimens

I don't know how they can say this ("universally").  Seems to me
the highly motivated are more likely to respond.  And I'll bet those
same highly-motivated ones treat their patients more intensively

No, I don't know what I'm talking about here.  I'se just a common
person.  No background in research at all.  It's just the way it looks
*to me*.