[IP] insulin tyoes

Could someone refresh my memory? I have forgotten which insulins were
derived from what sources. In the mid 60's I used NPH and REGULAR. Most of
the 70's, 80's and early 90's it was LENTE and REGULAR. Then Humulin Type L
and Type R during the late 90's and now HUMALOG. The Humulin and Humalog are
obviously no concern but were did the NPH, LENTE and REGULAR derive from?
All of the Iletin Insulins were made from beef and or pork pancreas. Sqibb
made all beef and all pork.
lente and regular were extracted from beef and pork pancreas obtained from
abattoirs. Lilly realized this was not going to guarantee a source of
insulin so they synthesized it crystalline insulin was made from animal
insulins and crystals were formed by altering the pH of the suspending
solution. NPH was neutral protamine Hagadorn insulin it was a cousin of the
slower acting PZI  lente was similar in fiormula to NPH but was not
neutral. rhe purpose of all of this syuff was to change the timing of onset
of action and duration of action of the resulting insulin.
A Bender, M. D.