Re: [IP] "time of the month" question

In a message dated 1/10/01 5:45:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Could it be the time of the month? My period is due in about a
>  week. Is that about the time that some of you notice a rise in
>  bg's?
Most of us (at least us women folks) see a rise in insulin needs the week
before our period.  My regular basals are between 0.8 daytime, 1.0 at night,
with a little higher for a dawn phenomenon.  The week before my period they
need to be adjusted progressively higher ending at about 1.3 to 1.5 the day
prior to starting.  However, and this is the big catch, as soon as I start
bleeding heavily my insulin needs plummet to lower than normal 0.6 to 0.8 for
a couple of days before returning to normal.  It's a guessing game for a few
days at best.

Best of luck, write everything down for next month to compare and you'll get
better at it each time.

dxd 3/11/80
40 y/o
pumping 5 yrs