Re: [IP] Re: Sucralose/Splenda

I've noticed that my daughter's blood sugar rises with a lot Splenda. The nutritional analysis states
"less than 1 gr carbohydrates" per package.  But my kid can drink three to four glasses of lemonade, each
made with 3 packets of splenda, in no time.  During one weekend day I noticed her BG rise, and with no
other adequate suspect, I backed off on the splenda and made her drink flavored mineral water.  (That was
a struggle!)

I haven't had the time yet, but I intend to do some research on the cumulative carb value of splenda.  I
fear it's not a "free" sweetener.  Does anyone have better info?

Michele, mom of Isabel (age 11 dx 7/91, pumping 1 month) & Sam (age 10).