Re: [IP] "time of the month" question

Keep in mind that hormones regulate our cycles.  When hormones 'erupt,' so
can blood glucose levels can also.

I noticed that when I ovulate (about day 14,) my sugars would go up and I
could not, no matter what, correct them down to normal no matter how much
insulin (H) I would take.  And when I say they went high, they usually went
to at least 250mg/dl.  A day or two before I was to start, they would drop
back down to perfectly normal and I would usually get a lot of lows.

I told my endo about what I was observing, and his answer was for either me
to get pregnant, or to go on BC.

It's been 4 months on the pill, but my sugars are very stable now.  They
still go up some, but are very easily corrected.

Hope this helps!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
DM for 18+ years and pumping for 6+ years.

In a message dated 01/10/2001 08:30:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< In a message dated 01/10/2001 6:45:12 PM Central Standard Time,
 email @ redacted writes:

 > Could it be the time of the month? My period is due in about a
 >  week. Is that about the time that some of you notice a rise in
 >  bg's?

 hi janet -

 it sounds like i could have written that question!!     that's exactly when
 my blood sugars go up, then drop when i start.

 kim >>