[IP] Re: glucowatch

I should've been more specific...I was talking about the
*manufacturer* not being able to legally recommend/approve it for
anyone under 18 (because they had not yet tested it on anyone 18
and under), not the FDA, etc, so I was basically saying the same

Thanks for sharing this information with everyone! Too bad they
didn't get their "stuff" together a year before. Oh well...in
time! :)

Jim said:
I don't know what stage of testing they are in, but FDA approval
is the license to *market* and *sell* the device.  Once it is on
the market, FDA approval has nothing to do with how it is
actually prescribed -- that is a physician's prerogative.  So,
for example, while Humalog is still not FDA approved for use in a
pump, there's nothing illegal or otherwise improper about *using*
Humalog in a pump (otherwise, Walsh and ? would be remiss in
discussing Humalog in _Pumping Insulin_).  It's just that
manufacturers cannot advertise and/or promote it that way.

little guy due 3/10/01