[IP] Re: Blood donations

> I thought on the last thread here some DMer's said they were able to donate.
I have forgotten how they got around these totally outdated regulations.>>

I think there is something a lot of people are forgetting. DM isn't a simple
disease and many are on more medications other than the hormone replacement
insulin. For instance, I take 8,800u EPO injections bi-weekly; Synthroid,
Premarin, Dilantin, Norvasc, Cozaar, Cardura, Lasix, daily; and other Rx's as
needed. Would you really want those meds in my bloodstream transfused into
you? I guess they have guidelines, and if someone is strictly on insulin that
should be taken into consideration. DM (Diabetes Mellitus - as opposed to
Diabetes Insipidus) ain't no easy disease. To make a blanket statement that
all DMers should be allowed to give blood - *I* don't think so. Just my humble
opinion which I highly respect.  YMMV (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue now with a BASH pic site URL in the 6th