Re: [IP] Swimming with pumps

>I'm selecting my first pump and would like to hear from real users about
>swimming. I live in Hawaii and swim in the ocean and in pools. I am likely
>to get the MiniMed because of insurance and local training options. Can
>anyone tell me about swimming with the MiniMed? With another brand?
>Note: I often wear a shorty when swimming and am not sure if the optional
>waterproofing case will even fit.

I enjoy watersports and esp my SeaDoo.  For this reason I choose Diestronic
since these pumps are waterproof and made for swimming and watersports.
thise on teh MM usually disconnect and drop back to shore each hour to
bouls for the missed basal.  As you know this is not possible with such
watersports as SeaDooing and ocean-riding.

I usually wear a shortie or full long-john when out in the ocean for
extending periods.  I have yet to try it but I know I can just leave the
Diestronic free-float inside the wetsuits.  As far as riding w/o a suit; I
will either use a sport belt or get a pocket added to the inside of my PFDs.

I am tired of snorkling to find my glasses in 20 feet of H20 and do not
want to do the same for my pump! ;-/

All pumps are great pumps.  Just base your brand decision on which one fits
into your life the best.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
of MDI!  (To date:  40% improvement in average bg's and 90% fewer hypos)!