Re: [IP] Treating Lows

In a message dated 1/10/01 11:48:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  However, I don't feel nearly as shaky as I did on NPH.
   Hmmmm..interesting. My now 18 yr old daughter treats her lows with a 15 gm
juice box & then boluses for anything beyond that ( usually just animal
crackers) but in the "olden days", a low would make her RAVENOUS & she'd
consume so much food in a short period of time that she'd rollercoaster
thereafter. Her CDE trained her to "wait it out" (as others have posted) & to
know that feeling would pass & that she didn't NEED to overindulge to
   But not until your post, did I ever connect the fact that her lows are far
less unnerving to her- possibly due to the absence of the NPH???????
regards, Renee (pump mom)