[IP] New Minimed stuff in the works (from an article on Minimed's 4th quarter profits)

Terrence Gregg, the company's chief operating officer, said MiniMed will
launch a another new pump this year as well as a new insulin infusion set. It
also planned to launch a consumer version of its continuous glucose monitoring
system, but was notified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that the
application must now be reviewed by an advisory panel.
       "The date of the panel review is unknown, but we do know that the next
available meeting is scheduled for March," Gregg said.
       He noted that FDA approval of a physician-supervised version of the
MiniMed monitor came six months after the advisory panel review of that
       A potential competing glucose monitor made by Cygnus Inc. (NASDAQ:CYGN)
was given "approvable" status by an FDA advisory panel more than a year ago,
but it has not yet been cleared for marketing.
       "We expect sales of the sensor/implantable pump combination -- an
external artificial pancreas -- to accelerate our business," Gregg said.