[IP] glucowatch

In a message dated 1/9/2001 11:13:17 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> AND it is
>  not approved for use on anyone under 18 yet (BIG question of WHY

I've heard two reasons why . . . 1st -- it's not been "approved" for kids
because they simply haven't done the clinical trials on kids yet (for example
Humalog was only "approved" for kids recently, even though endo's had been
using it on kids for several years).  and 2nd -- I've heard that the current
"model" of the glucowatch may be too big to use on younger/skinny kids (I'd
guess that's because there may not be enough flatish surface area on those
kid's wrists to have enough contact area for the sensor pad thingy).