[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #777

I would like some info regarding mixing Humalog with V or R in order to
prolong the site.  My daughter lasts about 36 hours on one site, after that
her bgs go up.  I have read that mixing insulins can help with this problem.
When I ask our CDE about it she said she'd never heard about this and that it
doesn't sound logical.  Is there anyone out there who could give me a logical
explanation so I can forward it to our CDE?  Our CDE is willing to "try
anything once" but I'm not so sure about the doctor...All I've heard so far
is that it has something to do with "Humalog sensitivity"!!???

Thanks   Sylvelin, mom of Nadine,10