Re: [IP] Stomach Flu

In a message dated 1/10/01 1:23:27 AM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< Lauren was hospitalized Friday for stomach
 flu and was kept in until today. It was bad -- these bugs hit her hard and
 she always ends up on IV -- this time glucose in one and insulin in the
 other. I am wondering, will the pump make all this easier? Countdown is one
 and a half weeks until pump time! >>

Sorry to hear about your experience.  Hope all is well now.

My son has come down with the stomach flu every winter and winds up in the ER
with an IV for a few hours.  Just vomiting a couple times puts him in early
ketoacidosis quickly.  I too was wondering if being on the pump will save us
a trip to the ER next time.