Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #774-glucowatch

I think it is all the hormones and such in the pre and mid adolescent body.
also this thing is huge! Certainly bigger than a sports watch, can you imaging
a kid trying to wear a pump-sized thingy on his or her wrist?

The other thread on allergies...I have a reaction to Silver, nickel and other
metals--except gold-- and the Gluco-watch did cause irratation on some

If it is streamlined and a slightly more sophisticated appearance and such
could come about, fine. But as I understand it you'd still have to use a
regular meter and calibrate the gluco-watch...That means it doesn't get us off
the hook for BG tests as we know it, unless they are working on yet ANOTHER
"Toy" for us to play with whilst they dally in finding an actual cure.

Jenny Sutherland
  AND it is
  not approved for use on anyone under 18 yet (BIG question of WHY here!!??!)

  mom to Joshua