[IP] Re: Left handed sugar vs Stevia

You're right! It is an herb (~100 times sweeter than sugar so you
don't need much) and you can buy it as an extract, powder, whole
leaf, tincture, etc. I have 3 stevia plants planted in my
backyard! You can actually pull a leaf or two off the bush and
put it right into your tea, etc (I'd recommend rinsing it off
first.) :)

wombn said:
Stevia is a plant extract.  The sweetener *could* be a
left-handed sugar, I suppose, I hadn't heard of a "left-handed
sugar" before. But I DO know with reasonable confidence that
stevia is a plant extract.

little guy due 3/10/01